According to the Black Friday website blackfriday.info, Best Buy is featuring more than a dozen TVs in its leaked Black Friday ad. Among the trends we see: The return of the sub-$400 42-inch, 720p plasma TV.
Earlier this year, we saw Best Buy offer a 42-inch 720p plasma—from Insignia, Best Buy's house brand—for $400. For Black Friday, the store will have a similar Insignia TV (NS-32P650A11) for even less: $370, down from its current price of $470. We've already reported on a $400 Zenith-brand 42-inch plasma for $400 at Sears.
In addition, Best Buy wlll offer Panasonic's 46-inch 720p Viera plasma TV (TC-P46C2) for $500, down from $600 currently, and a 50-inch 1080p Viera plasma (TC-P50U2) for $700, $200 less than its current price.
Two 32-inch major-brand 1080p LCD TVs are listed in the ad: LG's 32LD400 is priced at $380, although it's just a bit higher now at $400, while Samsung's LN32C350 is $330, down from $380.
Here are the other advertised TVs, listed by screen size:
- 15-inch Coby (TFTV1525) LCD TV: normally $150, now $100
- 24-inch Dynex (DX-24E150A11) 1080p LCD TV with LED backlight: normally $250, now $190
- 42-inch Westinghouse (LD-4255VX) 1080p 120Hz LCD with LED backlight: normally $1,000, now $650
- 46-inch Samsung (LN46C600F3FXZA) 1080p 120Hz LCD: now $798 (it may be a derivative for computer stores, priced at about $850; we couldn't find it elsewhere)
- 46-inch Samsung (UN46C6300) 1080p 120Hz LCD with LED backlight and Blu-ray player: now $1,000. The TV itself is normally $1,300, and it's $1,200 at Amazon
- 46-inch Sony (KDL46EX400) 1080p LCD TV: $699, down from $764
- 55-inch Samsung (UN55C6300SFXZA) 1080p 120Hz LCD with LED backlight: $1,500, rather than $2,000
- 55-inch Toshiba (55HT1U) 1080p 120Hz LCD TV: $970, only $30 less than its current price
Keep checking back with our blog for updates and analysis of the best Black Friday deals we see. And as always, we'd love to hear about the best deals you're seeing.
—James K. Willcox