Today, as hundreds of websites go dark in protest of the anti-piracy bills SOPA and PIPA, our sister site The Consumerist has chosen to help out by providing in-depth coverage of the protests and information about why the bills—which this organization opposes—would create an anti-consumer environment on the Internet. Visit The Consumerist any time today for the latest from the SOPA front.
Some highlights so far:
- Consumerist Is Against SOPA/PIPA And That's All We're Writing About Today
- Google's Matt Cutts On Why SOPA Is Bad For Everyone
- Google Breaks Down SOPA Opposition By The Numbers
- Craig Newmark Talks To Us About SOPA: "Things Can Go Bad Real Fast"
- SOPA/PIPA And What It Means To You: Ben Parr Explains It All
- Why Wikipedia Decided To Join The Blackout And Potentially Threaten Your Homework