7 ways to fewer wrinkles
Sep 22, 2009 3:46 PM
wrinkles are a natural part of aging. And defying nature can mean trying out a number of eye creams, overnight serums, collagen-based injectables, and even some pretty interesting "facial toning" devices. While any one or combination of these products may work for you, our sister publication, ShopSmart, has some simple, do-it-yourself ways to prevent those fine lines from getting deeper:
- Use a facial moisturizer with an SPF of at least 30 to limit the sun’s damage every day, not just when you’re at the beach.
- Shield your face with a hat and sunglasses when you’re outdoors, particularly on sunny days.
- Avoid tanning beds. Those ultraviolet rays can be even more intense than the sun’s and can increase your risk of skin cancer.
- Don’t smoke. Tobacco ranks second only to sunlight in its dire effects on skin.
- Try not to rub your eyes. Treat hay fever so you’re less itchy and not tempted to rub.
- Sleep on your back. Mashing your face into a pillow can cause lines to form over time.
- Get an annual eye exam. If you can’t see clearly, you’re likely to squint, which can create wrinkles.